Best location/diveschool for Divemaster internship!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

deepocean

Contributor
Reaction score
Hello

I have searched on "Intership" but did nt found a satisfying answer.

Ok i am thinking to get an Internship somewhere for about 3 months to get my Divemaster card.

Now i live in Holland, the water here is cold, low visibility and not very much marine life. I would like to visit a place has the same things but then the opposite :D Warm water, high vis. and alot of marine life.

So now my question to exprienced DM'ers that have worked:

1--> Which nice locations do you know(perf. tropical waters)?
2--> Which diveschools do you know that are good? Which do i need to avoid because the owner is bastard, bad location etc..

3--> Who has ever worked as DM as intern that i can contact in order to get more info? My msn id : shaza100@hotmail.com
4--> How should i approach the diveschool/owner?
5--> Can i still dive my wing?
6--> Any other tip would be welcome.

Xerxes

The answer is simple = South Florida. Of course, you would need a work permit, but there is probably no other place on earth with the volume of diving going on in warm weather.

If you speak multiple languages (German and Spanish),,,all the better given the influx of tourist from Germany and South America.

Based on my experiance dude I would think you would be better off doing your internship were you live. If you are getting the divemaster rating in order to help teach, you should be able to teach in the area you are going to dive in. If you are just getting it for the sake of having it, then you can do it were ever. The internship should be part of the program. If you go somewhere else to do it then you are proably going to have to pay extra.

Check out Pro Dive. I did my IDC with them and dive with them all the time. There are always students from all over the world attending school there. I've met people from the UK, Netherlands, Sweden, Germany and several other countries while diving with them in just the last year alone. They have a great staff a nice boat and it's in sunny south Florida. What more could you ask for? :)

Scott

amascuba:
Holy five year old thread batman!

Four.... but still..... how in the world does one come across a thread like that?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom