Activities to do while your diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Juls64

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I go to Pearl Lake alot to dive cause its close to my house. I've seen about everything there is to see in it, so to keep from getting bored, I think of new skills to practice. I've been doing a lot of navigation work with my compass the last few times out. This weekend I'm thinking of borrowing a lift bag from the LDS and practicing some recovery skills. Maybe just move some of the cinder blocks around that are found all around on the lake bottom.

What kinds of things do other people do to practice/learn new skills? Or what do you do just because its fun?

Juls

Hide and seek with your buddy?

...... yes, that was a joke

I heard that frisbee's fly under water like it was in air.

But an Aerobie might work - those flying rings? I think they're negatively bouyant. But realistically - you shouldn't be far enough apart from your buddy in a local lake that throwing anything back and forth would be any fun. I imagine the visibility isn't like the Carribean?

I saw an artical someplace about blowing air rings, like smoke rings, guess it takes practice, never tried tho.

a nice game of chess while doing a long deco hang. Little magnetic board works well.

To pass the time... take a nap?

To brush up on skills... remove and replace gear sans mask.

Because you can... remove mask and cup your hands around your eyes. Carefully exhale a bubble into your cupped hands, and play with your new "mask".

Feeling mean? Swim under a neighboring boat and coax their dives to follow you back to your boat.

Lay line from a reel.
Take mask off and find your way back using the line.
Valve drills, mask clearing.
Getting out of a feet first ascent in a drysuit.
chase fish
U/w photography, used to do u/w videography.

lifting and getting stuff neutrally bouyant is kind of fun....good work with the bag too...beware...that line tends to get caught on everything....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom