Lost PADI Card

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ssra30

Reaction score
I did my Advance Open Water and Rescue Diver certification back sometimes in 1987-8 in New Zealand. However, I lost my card during my move recently. Since I have not lived in NZ for the last 15-16 years and can't even remember the name of the diveshop I did my course or know if it still existed, any idea on how I can get the card again. I tried to contact PADI Australia via their main fax number and e-mail but have not heard anything back from them for over 3 months now. A local PADI instructor friend of mine is not sure how else to get those cards short of getting recertification. Any idea or help would be appreciated.

The online card replacement system on www.padi.com is only for residents of the PADI Americas region.

A local dive shop in Thailand should be able to help you out. They need to fill out the Certification Card Replacement Form which can be found in the appendix of the General Standards and Procedures section of the PADI Instructor Manual.

If they have PIC Online at a local dive shop, they may be able to replace your card online through the Dive Chek system. Not sure if this is available in your part of the world.

Shops will probably charge something like US$25-35 per card replaced.

Thanks for your help. I will mentioned this to a friend of mine who is a PADI instructor. Initially he only just suggested that I contacted PADI directly. I am sure he must have a manual somewhere.

give thanks to the deity of your choosing that you lost your PADI card.

Now go enroll in a real course through NAUI or the YMCA and really learn to dive.

AngieDiver69 once bubbled...
give thanks to the deity of your choosing that you lost your PADI card.

Now go enroll in a real course through NAUI or the YMCA and really learn to dive.

Troll

what exactly that naui and ymca do in there OW courses that padi doesnt???? name 5 things they do different?

also does your first name happen to be george ?

There seems to be a trend in AngieDiver69's 10 posts that she/he made in one day; invective conjecture. Maybe the money spent on scuba diving would be better appropriated on a good therapist.

JustAddWater once bubbled...
There seems to be a trend in AngieDiver69's 10 posts that she/he made in one day; invective conjecture. Maybe the money spent on scuba diving would be better appropriated on a good therapist.

was thinking the same thing.... :D

Back
Top Bottom