Diving In Antigua

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chippy

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm lucky enough to be spending the first 2 weeks of September in Antigua on holiday this year - (It'll Make a change from bad visibility, cold water and 7mm wetsuits at home!!) and fancy doing some diving while I'm there.

Can anyone recommend any dive centres/charter trips that operate from there? And do they mind taking UW photographers?

Has anyone had any bad experiences diving there?

Also is it worth me taking any of my own gear - BCD, Regs etc? I was planning on taking everything except my wetsuit/tank/weightbelt.

Thanks

Paul

If the only diving you have done has been cold water, bad vis. and no fish you will love Antigua. The water is warm and the vis is pretty good. The diving is okay. Lots of lobsters and nurse sharks and not a lot else. It was my first real ocean diving and I enjoyed it very much. It doesn't really compare to some of the better diving that the Caribbean has to offer but its better than sitting on the beach. I dove with a private op out of Curtain Bluff resort so I can't help you there. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom