I knew there were dangers, but...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DeepSeaDan

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I'll let you know next week.

Saturday will be my first dives with the silicone replacements -- although I can already tell they've changed me from an easy floater to a near sinker in the pool, so I expect to need less weight. Although if they explode and ruin my new drysuit, I am gonna be *so* mad:angrymob:

Sorry guys, not trying to be a buzzkill. I just didn't want any other women in a situation similar to mine to freak out.

If there's any risks to diving with implants, DAN hasn't heard of them. But, ya know, they're not high class journalists like the original source.:)

:rofl2: Groan

I am sorry but some sensationalist reporter has never played in the water I guess.

This is almost as easy to swallow as Sea Hunt spending 20 minutes at 300' searching and then decompressing for "the rest of the tank"

I have to say if there was any plausible risk of udder death PADI of all agencies would have at least mentioned it in the DSD waiver/medical ... they cover just about every other potential source of litigation.

Wow you think with all that money she could pay someone to run a google search on diving with implants and see that there is no issue...

Gives new meaning to a "lung" overexpansion injury...:rofl3:

(well, maybe not completely technically correct...)

On a serious note, the article mentions that she might be pregnant. Women who are pregnant, or suspect that they might be pregnant should not dive because (1) DCS for the fetus is poorly understood, however; (2) studies with pregnant sheep indicate that the fetus can take a potentially life-threatening DCS hit.

Ok, I didn't read the whole article. Apparently she is an even bigger moron than I thought. She is possibly pregnant but she is worried about diving b/c of her boobs...not the potential life growing inside of her.

Remind me again why we don't have an IQ test requirement before people can have kids?

I know for a fact that women with enhancements don't have a problem staying buoyant at the surface. ... It's a non issue. :)

No, I don't have implants.... One of my dive buddies do.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom