Agency Bashing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divemed06

Contributor
Reaction score
In my brief invovlement with this board, I've been astonished at all the agency bashing. I'm just wondering why so much bashing! If PADI is so bad, why does NAUI allow instructors to cross over? If NAUI is so bad, why does PADI allow instructors to cross over? (etc.. with SSI and others). I have a feeling that this is just a way for some divers to express their discontent with the evolution of the sport: going from an exlusive few, specialy trained adrenaline junkies to an adventure sport accesible to most...or it might be the "power by numbers" theory where some believe bigger is better. Well rejoyce, as of today anyone who is interested can join my newly created dive agency which goes by the acronym S.A.D (Shut-up And Dive). There are only 2 skills that must be perform to receive your certification: 1-Shut-up and 2- Dive :)

You negelected to define your terms.

Some feel any negative comments, deserved or not is bashing while others believe bashing involves negatives comments which can't be backed up.

What exactly do you mean?

I, personally, rarely see any agency bashing on this board.

What do I have to do to get my cert card for S.A.D.? I guess S.A.D. doesn't allow Underwater communicators?

amelo1999 once bubbled...
What do I have to do to get my cert card for S.A.D.? I guess S.A.D. doesn't allow Underwater communicators?
I'd prefer a card for H.A.P.P.Y. divers, not SAD ones. I just have to work on the acronym a bit.

As Walter says, we never bash agencies around here. As to your question about Underwater communicators, only an idiot that got certified by your *&%#* agency would ask such a dumb question. see... no bashing here....:rolleyes: :banana:

Walter once bubbled...
I, personally, rarely see any agency bashing on this board.
Walter,

As one who enjoys and looks forward to reading your posts on this board, I think we part company on this observation.

In any case, whatever you want to call it, it does get tiresome after a bit--not unlike the endless trashing of Microsoft by Linux zealots.

I also thought the recent thread entitled "Thank heavens for PADI" was like waving a red cape in front of a bull. Or was that its intent?

My apologies for not defining bashing. I should have used the term: negative and non-constructive comments aimed simply at disparaging the agency in question....it's much more eloquant!

S.A.D membership to date: 1

...must be because this is an elite agency!:eek:ut:

divemed06 once bubbled...
S.A.D membership to date: 1

...must be because this is an elite agency!:eek:ut:
Nah, it's just because nobody wants to be certified by the "Stupid A** Diver" agency.

Ahhhh. I feel better now that I've done my daily quota of agency bashing.

Seriously though, some of the agency bashing is kind of like when you ask "What computer is best?" Some individual will bash other agencies, or computers, just to justify to themselves their own choice.

divemed06 once bubbled...
I'm just wondering why so much bashing!

Because we need something to keep us busy during our extended surface intervals.

Cornfed

"negative and non-constructive comments aimed simply at disparaging the agency in question"

Most negative comments about agencies on this board are constructive in nature. Hopefully, the agencies in question will get tired of seeing them and actually fix what is broken. If they don't, at least some people will be forewarned and avoid those inadequate classes.

Walter,

I consider you the lead PADI basher on this board and for you to even say that you rarely see any agency bashing on this board is quite amusing.

Unless ofcourse you are being sarcastic and I'm just to out of it to see it.

With love..as always...

jason

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom