Welcome to ScubaBoard, an online scuba diving forum community where you can join over 205,000 divers diving from around the world. If the topic is related to scuba diving, this is the place to find divers talking about it. To gain full access to ScubaBoard (and make this large box go away) you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Participate in over 500 dive topic forums and browse from over 5,500,000 posts.
  • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
  • Post your own photos or view from well over 100,000 user submitted images.
  • Gain access to our free classifieds marketplace to buy, sell and trade gear, travel and services.
  • Use the calendar to organize your events and enroll in other members' events.
  • Find a dive buddy or communicate directly with scuba equipment manufacturers.

All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

NEW for 2014 Access SBlogbook for members. It allows you to directly upload data from your dive computer, validate your logs digitally, link your dives to photos, videos, dive centers (9,000 on file), fishes (14,000 on file) and much more.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the ScubaBoard Support Team.
Page 1 of 60 1234561151 ... LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Found Camera - stage.com - Help!

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Exclamation Found Camera - stage.com - Help!

This is a total shot in the dark.

I found a digital camera and waterproof case washed up here in Key West. I am trying to identify an owner so I can return it. The only somewhat helpful identifyers I can get from the card is a yellow chevy truck filled with dive tanks, and with ....stage.com on the side. The picture is cut off, so I can't see what is written before stage. The pictures were definitely not taken in the Keys. With the way the Gulfstream runs, it may have been somewhere in Mexico.

Does anyone have any idea what dive website may end in stage.com?
    Last edited by Aquahound; May 18th, 2010 at 04:23 PM.

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    200 - 499
    Photos
    You might try this...

Go to www.camerafound.com and post the pictures there in the thread titled "found camera". Folks who lose their cameras go there to see what pictures are posted and reclaim their gear and photos. The site provides a way for both the finder and the "loser" to make contact, and there are quite a few folks who have found their stuff in just this way.
    Out of the Blue-Inspirational Stories for Scuba Divers available through Amazon.com

Registered

bubble bubble bubble

Dives
    200 - 499
    As someone who recently lost a cam in Hawaii, I have no hope, but I am warmed to know that sometimes things are found, and there are ways to reunite camera and owner.

However, that link you post goes to a domain placeholder, not an active site. Is the link wrong, or...?
    I now know what it feels like to be consumed by one single thought: when can I get back into the water? :

Looking forward to... ack, need to get another dive trip planned!!

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    200 - 499
    Photos
    Sorry about that...had the wrong site. The correction has been made now. Thanks!

By the way, just for general information, etc... I shot photos (film, for journalism) for a number of years, and I always made a habit of making the first frame on each roll of film a shot of an info card (name, address, pho. number...we didn't have email 'way back then') that I carried with my photo kit. That way, anyone finding the camera or even just a lost roll of film would know how to contact me to return it. I still do the same thing with my digital cameras today (except now the ONLY thing listed is my email address. My how some things change and others don't!).
    reneewoo likes this.
    Out of the Blue-Inspirational Stories for Scuba Divers available through Amazon.com

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Thanks for the help so far. I will definitely go to that other site.

One of the best shots was a video of a Loggerhead turtle swimming away with the camera strap in his mouth.

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    25 - 49
    Photos
    If you're really ambitious, call the manufacturer, and give them the serial #, they may be able to find the owner from warranty registration info.

Wow.....what a DB

DERP

Dives
    200 - 499
    Photos
    I have to agree that this is an excellent thing that you are doing here. I have a couple cameras and I will be a very unhappy individual if I ever lose one of them. It really warms the heart to know that there are honest and good individuals out there that would do what you are right now. Thank you for doing this.

And Guba.....I had never thought of taking a picture at the front with my name/email address....I think I might just have to start. Thanks for the tip and the link.
    "It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."

- Pictures from a photographic non-achiever
    Favorite Albums = THAILAND 2009 .... LAKE TAHOE, CA ...

HITLER IS NOT AOW - Download your copy here available from my website Diving My Way

My Anatidaephobia group meets Tuesdays down by the park pond.
    My posts = "Now you see them....now you don't". It is difficult to do a good job while operating in an uneven environment.

Registered

This space intentionally left
    mostly blank.

Dives
    100 - 199
    Photos
    If there are distinctive photos either above or below water, maybe post them here on ScubaBoard in this thread. If someone can recognize any features in them, you might be able be able to start posting in the appropriate regional forums.

I seem to recall a blurb in the news about some guy who tracked down a pair of honeymooners this way, using social networking sites. 28,000 hits later, he managed to get in contact with someone who recognized one of the people in one of the pictures.
    Make divers more popular: Support businesses in the communities where you dive.

Funniest thread on ScubaBoard

New Fish

Has not set a "status"

Kudos... very happy to see honest and caring people out there.

Registered

is still narced and
    probably bent from the neck up

Dives
    200 - 499
    Photos
    Wow...I'd be interested in hearing where this camera originated! (unless it was never shot in the Keys and the owner never cleared his cards)

To the OP, Good Karma though!!!
    Ben

We are only immortal for a limited time....

Page 1 of 60 1234561151 ... LastLast