PADI DM & Dive Theory

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ppo2_diver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
What are some other materials I can study for the Dive Theory exam for PADI's DM course. The DM manual only covers this topic with about 4 pages. There are no dive theory chapters in the encyclopedia or workbook. Please tell me there is more to this exam than just whats covered in these four pages.

Thanks.

Are you asking about decompression theory?

No. There is an exam for PADI DM's for dive theory. I'm just curious as to what this covers. The chapter in the book basically just points you to the instructor manual.

Covers virtually all the topics covered in the tests, including, theory, physics, etc.

jhnsndn once bubbled...
What are some other materials I can study for the Dive Theory exam for PADI's DM course. The DM manual only covers this topic with about 4 pages. There are no dive theory chapters in the encyclopedia or workbook. Please tell me there is more to this exam than just whats covered in these four pages.

Thanks.

4 pages? you're supposed to read what's *behind* the cover page, not just the chapter title.... LOL

R..

The Encyclopedia of Recreational Scuba Diving was a really good reference for my Divemaster training. The instructor also went over each subject with us. Also ask if there is a PADI instructor Manual available to borrow. You will need one for taking your tests but you shouldn't have to buy one unless you plan on going straight to IDC and IE right after you complete your DM training.

Scott

Let me re-phrase my question. What specifically should I study for the specific dive theory exam. The encyclopedia doesn't have a chapter about dive theory.

Scottri, you were able to reference the PADI IM during the test?

the test is not all that challenging. If you have read PADI's 'Encyclopedia of Recreational Scuba Diving' and done the workbook you will pass with no problem. As for the Instructor manual, just know the instructor to student ratios and what a DM does to them, and when a DM can take OW students on guided tours. You also may want to know the difference between direct and indirect supervision by an instructor. I did take the test like 6 years ago but I do not think the base objectives of the exam have changed.

Now if you were talking NAUI this would be a very different response.....

Pete
PADI DM
NAUI Instructor

Back
Top Bottom