Help with a DEPP Claim

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dukeh20

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have gear insurance with DEPP. I was in Bonaire and flooded my camera on 7-4-10. I sent an email that same day to DEPPInfo@AWRYInc.com asking about the process to file a claim. Before leaving Bonaire on 7-10-10, I was able to locate the "Preliminary" claim form on their website and submitted that.

Since then I have emailed them, left multiple voicemails on their recorder since they screen all their calls (and promise a response within 24 hours) and sent them a fax to the number where you can add gear to your policy.

I have not received a response of any kind from them.

Does anyone have any better contact info than what is on their website?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
Duke

Why did your camera flood? Maybe that's the reason.

Thing is, even if he is not covered, the business like approach would be to answer the claim, explain where in the policy he/she is excluded and wish them better luck next time. To just ignore the communications does not leave people with a good feeling, honestly explaining the circumstances, good or bad, that is part of doing business. Of course, at this point, we don't know the claim is being ignored, I am making my statement generic.

N

As with any kind of insurance, the best way to evaluate them is when you need them.

I have had gear insurance with DEPP going on three years and until now, have not needed to file a claim with them.

I was in Bonaire and flooded my camera on 7-4-10. I sent an email that same day to DEPPInfo@AWRYInc.com asking about the process to file a claim. Before leaving Bonaire on 7-10-10, I was able to locate the "Preliminary" claim form on their website and submitted that.

After that I emailed them, left multiple voice mails on their recorder since they screen all their calls (and promise a response within 24 hours) and sent them a fax to the number where you can add gear to your policy trying to find out the status of my claim.

After posting here and sending copies of a PM I got from another Scubaboard member to DEPP, I finally got a response.

I was directed to send my camera and housing in for inspection. I shipped it off on 7-29-10 and on 8-5-10 the inspector replied that the flooding damaged the camera to the extent that it would not be cost effective to repair it.

On 8-12-10 I sent another email to DEPP asking for the status of my claim. I was told it was in the hands of the broker.

It is now 9-2-10 and I have yet to get a response to two emails I have sent them this week.

I remain cautiously optimistic.

I will be updating this thread once my pending claim with DEPP is resolved.

I was considering insuring my camera gear with DEPP, but your story made up my mind. Even if you eventually get your claim paid, the time delays and poor communications are a good reason to stay away from them. I don't need that kind of stress in my life.

Hi Duke: did you het a response from Depp? I am in the same situtation a placed a claim due to robbery of my uw photography equipment (Camera, Housing, Strobes, etc) on September 20th and still have not received any payments. They tell me the same that the claim is with the broker...
Any suggestions on how to proceed? I am getting desperate since I have not received any answer to may last emails.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom