Welcome to ScubaBoard, an online scuba diving forum community where you can join over 205,000 divers diving from around the world. If the topic is related to scuba diving, this is the place to find divers talking about it. To gain full access to ScubaBoard (and make this large box go away) you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Participate in over 500 dive topic forums and browse from over 5,500,000 posts.
  • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
  • Post your own photos or view from well over 100,000 user submitted images.
  • Gain access to our free classifieds marketplace to buy, sell and trade gear, travel and services.
  • Use the calendar to organize your events and enroll in other members' events.
  • Find a dive buddy or communicate directly with scuba equipment manufacturers.

All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

NEW for 2014 Access SBlogbook for members. It allows you to directly upload data from your dive computer, validate your logs digitally, link your dives to photos, videos, dive centers (9,000 on file), fishes (14,000 on file) and much more.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the ScubaBoard Support Team.

Thread: Emergency Diver Tech from Dan

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    0 - 24

Question Emergency Diver Tech from Dan

I am a paramedic in Chicago and was looking into the EDT class offered by DAN. I really would like to hear from anyone that has taken the class that doesn't work for DAN. (No offense DAN employees) I just want to get some unbiased opinions on the class. Thanks in advance to anyone and everyone that responds.
    Save a life once and you're a hero... save lives for a living and you're a paramedic.

Scuba Instructor

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    2,500 - 4,999

Why...

Quote Originally Posted by medicgts View Post
    I am a paramedic in Chicago and was looking into the EDT class offered by DAN. I really would like to hear from anyone that has taken the class that doesn't work for DAN. (No offense DAN employees) I just want to get some unbiased opinions on the class. Thanks in advance to anyone and everyone that responds.
    ...would you want to? If you are an ACLS Paramedic, you likely have more skills than that program offers. My Diver-Medic cert. came in handy for me during my years as a commercial oilfield diver, but that was a job-specific program. Thus, unless you have a target goal for the cert., I'd suggest the cert. would be superfluous to you.

Regards,
    DSD
    "When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep - like my Grandfather did...........................................not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car......

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    0 - 24
    It would be more for my personal knowledge. ACLS doesnt really touch on diving related injuries, nor did my general paramedic training. If some knowledge is good more is better right?
    Save a life once and you're a hero... save lives for a living and you're a paramedic.