Emergency Diver Tech from Dan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

medicgts

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I am a paramedic in Chicago and was looking into the EDT class offered by DAN. I really would like to hear from anyone that has taken the class that doesn't work for DAN. (No offense DAN employees) I just want to get some unbiased opinions on the class. Thanks in advance to anyone and everyone that responds.

I am a paramedic in Chicago and was looking into the EDT class offered by DAN. I really would like to hear from anyone that has taken the class that doesn't work for DAN. (No offense DAN employees) I just want to get some unbiased opinions on the class. Thanks in advance to anyone and everyone that responds.

...would you want to? If you are an ACLS Paramedic, you likely have more skills than that program offers. My Diver-Medic cert. came in handy for me during my years as a commercial oilfield diver, but that was a job-specific program. Thus, unless you have a target goal for the cert., I'd suggest the cert. would be superfluous to you.

Regards,
DSD

It would be more for my personal knowledge. ACLS doesnt really touch on diving related injuries, nor did my general paramedic training. If some knowledge is good more is better right?

Back
Top Bottom