Combat Diver Training

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GrumpyOldGuy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
FWIW: On Discovery next week (Wednesday) there is a program "Surviving the Cut" about special forces combat diver training. Might be interesting to watch.

We'll probably have a bunch of grumpy old guys talking about how those guys are wimps and things were a lot tougher back when they first got certified. :wink:

Seriously tho, I saw a few of the clips too and thought it looked interesting.

We'll probably have a bunch of grumpy old guys talking about how those guys are wimps and things were a lot tougher back when they first got certified. :wink:

Probably the guys who did the cert with the YMCA :D.

The trailer with the instructor swimming down with a spare-air to assist a diver in doubles caught my eye. I guess it may be the right tool for the job (bottom of the pool), but the irony was interesting.

The "basic training" course for Special Forces divers is done in Key West; one of the prerequisites to passing the course is to swim 5000 meters: UHG!!! Also, those who make the cut also get NAUI Master Diver certification. :)

Ooohaha!

Yeah, it'll be riveting watching them swim at 10' for 3hrs (5000m) with a Lar-V on.

It's tough to even get into Divers Training. My son got all the way through pre-dive training ie: All PT, last PT test got dropped for a separated shoulder. I have nothing but respect for those kids.

It's tough to even get into Divers Training. My son got all the way through pre-dive training ie: All PT, last PT test got dropped for a separated shoulder. I have nothing but respect for those kids.

Thanks to your son and all of the other military members for their service. It is remarkable as to what they sacrifice for this country and to all of us who enjoy our freedoms.

I, too, have watched the show. Those guys are some bad--- guys. We should all have respect for these guys. Thanks again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom