Best dive logging software

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

browncd81

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey,

Anyone find the best dive logging software out there? I was using diverecord.com but my fear is that since the site hasn't been updated since 2005, there's no telling how long it will be up and running.

I'd like to have something that can do good printouts and also upload the data to the Internet if possible. I'd also like something that can do summary pages, such as what dive record has (deepest dive, deepest dive in last 12 months, a calender showing how many dives you did each month).

Ideally, this would be free, but if something was really nice, I'd buy it.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance

I use Diving Log 5.0. You can print custom reports, import from other dive log software, upload to a couple of Internet sites. Google it, download it and play with it.

If you have a dive computer that has download capability the maker may have free software available from their web site. Oceanic provides this for my GEO and their program is available for free. If you don't have an Oceanic computer, you can still use the Oceanic program but you would have to manually input the data. It has some of the features you are are looking. With direct download I get graphs of my dive profiles, time vs. depth and temperature. The program is somewhat basic but it works for me.

I really like Diving Log 5.0 as well. You can manually imput data, import data from other electronic logs and download data from some dive computers directly. You can read the data like a table, a log, or create reports. There are also nice summaries you can format for your visual preferences. You can also sync with a smartphone. The site also has very clear information. It is a very effective piece of software.

Oceanic does not support Mac...therefore I don't support Oceanic.

(And no, I don't do emulators)

Try "Dive Log Book" application URL: sourceforge.net/projects/dive-log-book

+ Free: GPL licenced)
+ Multi OS: Windows, MacOS, Linux
+ PDF creation of logged data (printable logbook)
+ Dive full screen viewer
+ Simple statistics

- No any dive computers currently supported
- Web page creation of data is available but may need some hand work to get work

I use Diving Log 5.0. You can print custom reports, import from other dive log software, upload to a couple of Internet sites. Google it, download it and play with it.

+1 and it's capable of importing and downloading from a number of different computers and other software packages.

With Diving Log 5.0, it is also nice to know that the writer of the program takes pride in his work and is interested in making it a better program.
If you leave a post for him on his forum, he answers usually within 24 hours whether it is a "how to" question or a suggestion for the software. He makes us feel like we had a tiny part in making it even better.

Back
Top Bottom