Destin, Florida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Guba

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
After seeing an article in "Sport Diver" magazine (and hearing the place mentioned for quite a while) I'm now intrigued with the possibility of diving the Pensacola/Destin area of Florida. It's at the outer edges of my driving range, but I find it appealing to support the Gulf coast at a time when they might need all the business they can get. Does anyone have firsthand experience with diving this area this time of year, and if so, would you describe the conditions (vis, water temp, chop, etc...) that might be expected there in early October?

I would also like to do something the publishers of the magazine did...investigate the conditions and purported effects of the oil spill for myself. As a professional science educator, I would love to gather data/images/experiences that I could take back into my classroom.

(And yes, I have gone to the Florida forums and posted there...however, I trust many of the individuals on THIS forum much more than others with which I have no experience. I feel some folks from that area might have a slightly vested interest in painting a "too rosey" picture of the conditions there, and I would prefer to have more neutral opinions.)

Thanks for any information you might provide!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom