The Adventures of Uncle Pug: My Birthday Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Uncle Pug

Swims with Orca
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
For all of our new Scuba Board friends who missed these old stories the first time around I will periodically bring past links forward... as well as add in new ones as the adventure continues.

This is an old one about my birthday dive in Deception Pass... and yes it really happened just that way.
My Birthday Dive

I remember that one!

I dove very happily at Aquarena Springs for a while after reading that !

Dive Safe!

One time, at Haigh Quarry...I stepped on a rock on the entrance and I almost lost my balance.

I was able to counter the loss of balance and regain composure with little damage to my ego. While this was going on, a very large amount of 78 degree water got into my wetsuit when I wasn't expecting it to....this was quite shocking.

I don't know why, but I continued to enter the water. Looking back on it, I should of thumbed that dive.

Jason

Ah, yes... Like re-reading a favorite book.
I, too work in the same field as you, UP. I'm full time P&W leader and video producer. I believe your chosen field may have contributed to your survival. However, remember PS 115:16 says, "Precious in the sight of the Lord Is the death of His saints." So don't push it! (Great story, though!!)
Your stories are so good that maybe we need a "Best of UP" thread!

jepuskar once bubbled...
One time, at Haigh Quarry...I stepped on a rock on the entrance and I almost lost my balance.

I was able to counter the loss of balance and regain composure with little damage to my ego. While this was going on, a very large amount of 78 degree water got into my wetsuit when I wasn't expecting it to....this was quite shocking.

I don't know why, but I continued to enter the water. Looking back on it, I should of thumbed that dive.

Jason

LOL.....your about a goofy sucker sometimes. I got a good laugh out of your story. :D

Good story. I took a wild tidal inlet ride my first year as a diver. Really pounded the whole concept of "plan your dive" into my head.

Come to think of it, I've also navigated some slippery rocks in the local quarry............

Have I been living on borrowed time all along??? :rolleyes:

OH MY GOSH! What a fantastic story to be able to tell! After the fact of course!
But what a great memory. I am a pretty new diver ... so I find that fascinating and can't wait to try adventures like that!!

Uncle Pug once bubbled... This is an old one about my birthday dive in Deception Pass... and yes it really happened just that way.
My Birthday Dive [/B]

Uncle Pug,

That was a really great story! I am glad you brought it back! I laughed so hard I damn near choked on my Taco Bell Chalupa. It was extremely well written. (...although I KNOW there was nothing funny about it at the time)!:eek:

BTW, that is a fine looking boat you put together there, solid and serious!:eek:ut: (face shows green of envy)

... and looking back... I suppose that was just about the closest I've come to a permanent vacation.

But at the time it really didn't seem so bad... it was actually a hoot.

We've had some other adventures there that will probably find their way into a story... one that keeps begging to be told is:
"Below the event horizon." ~ Coming soon to a thread near you.
:D

I'll be back up to Deception Pass in a couple of weeks and some folks from Scuba Board are coming along... that sorta jogged my memory about the *birthday thread* and it seemed fitting to bring it out of the dust bin.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom