Thailand or Honduras best for IDC and job opportuities??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mark Colclough

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Hi there!

I am a 31 year old, Danish PADI Dive Master with over 160 logged dives. I currently live and work in Dahab by the Red Sea, Egypt. I am looking to move myself forward, and would like to complete my Instructor Training with PADI. The question remains, Thailand or Honduras, or somewhere else?

I aim to stay in my destination country for around a year – living a clean and simple life as I am used to here in Egypt. I would like to hear from anyone who has experience from Thailand or Honduras, what is the diving like, any good IDC places, what does it cost to live in these countries etc. etc.

In return, I have all the necessary contacts for diving in beautiful Dahab!

Bubbles to you all!

Mark

Thailand has a great diving scene. I'd recommend Phi Phi Island. Excellent diving and lots of good food available. It's extremely easy to get around the country. They are so well set up for travellers. When it's wet on Phi Phi, you're only a quick jump from Ko Samui and Tao on the other side. Or even the Perhentians in Malaysia if you want.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom