The Best Dive Vehicle??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mikecotrone

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I was wondering what the best dive vehicle that works for you. Also how do you have it configured? For example if you have an F-150 how do you have the bed setup to support tanks, equipment, etc.?

I have a mid sized car which already is maxed with my gear. Please post pictures of your setup if you can :)

Thanks in advance!

Mike

Nothing special. F-150 with a homemade rack to secure the tanks upright next to the cab. One of the big rubbermaid containers for everything else.
gearing up[1].jpg

I have a Dodge Sprinter van, now the Mercedes Benz Sprinter. It is tall enough to walk around inside, diesel, and has a really good turn radius. Stuff stays locked up, out of the rain, and is easy to dress inside of.

Mercedes-Benz Sprinter: The Official Website

Last edited:
I have a Chevy 1500 with a cap on the back. I have tank racks in the front, clothes rods running side to side and front to back, a five gallon fresh water tank with a washdown pump, and a sliding cargo manager. I can rinse everything down right after getting out of the water, hang it to dry and it is set for the next trip.

Honda Pilot is what I'm using now. Can carry 4 divers and their gear. Everything is secured in the vehicle. Good gas mileage (6 cylinder) but plenty of power.

Previous dive vehicle was a Porsche 944 - Way fun, but not the most practical as a dive vehicle:D
However, with the back seat down, I could carry two divers and their gear. Got me to the dive site in short order though.:D:D

Honda Element ...

CIMG5356.jpg

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Subaru Baja
With custom made trunk top and key lock (they didn't make the top for my model at the time =[).
Added further latches to the hatch so the entire trunk's secure.
I master lock a spare car key in a secret spot, and the trunk top key in another secret spot
Managed to transport 3 divers w/ 6 tanks and gear to a dive site.

I made a small tank rack out of pool noodles, line, and rubber tool dip.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom