Eagerly awaiting my Atomic Cobalt computer ... and interested in opinions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Osric

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I'm just a sucker for high-tech marketing and engineering, so when Atomic came out with a computer I had to have it. I just got the tracking number today so that I can watch it wend its way to my hot little hands just in time for me to go to Oahu to test it out.

Other member's experiences (postive and negative) with this computer appreciated!

Osric

Where did you buy it from?

I bought it from my local dive shop. I'm in Canada, and they had the same price I was seeing all over the USA, and honestly I'd even pay a small premium to support the shop. The owner there was kind enough to share the tracking number with me.

Osric

You're going to love it!

I especially enjoyed playing with it without referring to the manual, which is more like a pamphlet than any computer manual I've ever seen. You'll find it highly intuitive to use. After five minutes you'll have no problem navigating any where you want to go.

Then read the manual.

The color screen is fantastic, btw.

I especially enjoy the simulated dive feature. Loads of fun.

I agree with Downing, the computer is super-intuitive and that color screen is AMAZING. Got to play with one at my LDS, man if I had a use for that thing (and the cash for it :/) I would have it. Hands down the simplest computer I've actually played with more settings than gauge mode.

Enjoy your new computer :wink:

Peace,
Greg

I got mine about a week ago and all I can say is that its almost boring. In the context that it was so easy to figure out and use that I didn't find myself playing with it, or staring at it for long periods of time as is usually the case when I get some new man-toy (no offense ladies:wink:.

Its beauty is in its simplicity...it simply gives you crystal clear information exactly when you need it regardless of task, which is exactly what a computer should do. The simplicity and brightness of the screen is in a word...exceptional.

I love my cobalt. I got it for Christmas and too was a little disappointed when I figured it out in 10 minutes. (Thought I would spend more time learning all the features.) Those that talk trash about it just wish they had one.

Those that talk trash about it just wish they had one.
I wouldn't go that far...some people just like to gripe. I'll reserve my final opinion about it until after I beat the crap our of it. Then I'll know.

I'd be interested in any cons, so that I'm warned up front.

I guess I really like the idea of a computer that's intuitive to use, because it should lessen the likelihood of mistakes. As far as I'm concerned that's what diving's all about ... not making mistakes! [And getting good pictures :)]

Osric

Back
Top Bottom