how to prevent leg cramps (calves)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

One possible idea to help prevent cramps in general is to drink lots of water and not allow oneself to get dehydrated. I have found this to be effective and helpfull. I am sure others will offer specific help with exercises that will also help. Good luck to you and safe diving!

Besides just water you want fluids that will restore and keep your electrolytes where they need to be. Many years back I started taking potassium supplements every day. That made a world of difference.

Fins that fit, and a banana a day. Works for me!

you can change your kicks too, some people are more prone to cramps

I built a box that I use for stretching my calves out and that has helped a lot. I can get dimensions for you but I think it was 16 inches long by 10 inches high. Put some grip tape on it and stand on it straight legged for about half an hour a day. Helps stretch my leg out since I severed my calf last year

I used to get leg cramps but now I swim in the pool with fins occasionally as part of my exercise regimen and use split fins when I dive and I rarely get cramps.

I don't like bananas. A potassium pill daily has cut my overall cramps (legs, feet, toes) by probaly 80%.

Is there exercises and or stretches I should do to prevent calfe cramps while diving
Mike.

smbeggs,

We have specifically designed Diver's D\Lyte to prevent leg cramps which are very common to happen while diving.

I'm so sure you will find the relief from leg cramps while using Diver's D\Lyte I'll send you a free 3 pack Dive Saver Kit. Try it and come back here and post your results!

Send me your name, address, email and we will ship to you on Monday morning!:D

I delight in conditioning my legs to diving by diving for the cost of air.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom