The Business of Dive Boat Mastering

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Don Burke

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Has anyone here read "The Business of Dive Boat Mastering" by Dr Denny Howley?

Fourteen dollars seems a bit much for sixteen pages.

Don Burke once bubbled...
Has anyone here read "The Business of Dive Boat Mastering" by Dr Denny Howley?

Fourteen dollars seems a bit much for sixteen pages.

I drove BlackBeards, Morning Star, boat and had to read a lot to learn the coast guard regualtions. Purchase a coast guard book for the same price that will explain everything very well.

CincyBengalsFan once bubbled... I drove BlackBeards, Morning Star, boat and had to read a lot to learn the coast guard regualtions. Purchase a coast guard book for the same price that will explain everything very well.
After working 20 years in navigation and some brushup with Charlie Wing's study guide, getting past the exam wasn't a challenge.

Howley's book purports to address the business end of it, which I'm always looking for an edge in.

I am wondering if there is fourteen dollars of wisdom in sixteen pages.

Don Burke once bubbled...
After working 20 years in navigation and some brushup with Charlie Wing's study guide, getting past the exam wasn't a challenge.

Howley's book purports to address the business end of it, which I'm always looking for an edge in.

I am wondering if there is fourteen dollars of wisdom in sixteen pages.

O

Never heard of it. Googled it, and interestingly enough Florida Keys Community College has it as part of the reading material for their DM program, along with all the usual suspects. $14 bucks might be steep for 16 pages, but it's a drop in the bucket when it comes to the overall investment. It may be a waste of money, but if you can glean one thing out of it that'll help you it's probably worth the $14 bucks. Hopefully someone familiar with the book will comment.

Back
Top Bottom