First Ocean dive with my son

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

XNAVYEOD

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
This was my boys first dive in the big pond:) We had a chance to dive in Myrtle beach last week on an old post civil war wreck, called the Sherman. which was a blockade runner that sank sometime in th 1800's. The wreck held clouds of bait fish as well as several other species..But the most interesting creatures were the half a dozen or so large barracudas that were hanging around...we made two dives to almost 60' with decent viz and warm water temps.

This was his first time doing a boat dive as well and I couldnt be more proud of his performance as a new diver....

Its so enjoyable to share the experiance with new divers as well as family. You can feel the level of excitement as you observe them during their experiance...

Fun ain't it?

My enjoyment of diving exploded when a family member joined me as a diver- my wife Debbie. As you buddy with and mentor your son, you will find how terrific it is to have a buddy you know and have dove with regularly as opposed to the wild card "instabuddy." As an experienced diver you can also teach him beyond the basics covered in class. And you have a common reference for new conversations about diving and dive experiences. Sharing the joy of diving with a family member has many many positives above and below the water. It led us to writing a book together: The Scuba Snobs' Guide to Diving Etiquette." You and you son can share a copy (on amazon.com)
DivemasterDennis

Give him a big congrats for us all! The ocean is a wonderful place, and while there is some truly incredible diving inland, I am still of the opinion that nothing can compare!

Now for the biggest job of all, keep him diving!

I can definitely relate to having a child join you in your diving adventures.

I recently had my daughter join me as a certified diver and now our time spent together has created lasting memories that I will always cherish.

[video=youtube;mdxCNhpGsLQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdxCNhpGsLQ[/video]

(Note:Can someone tell me if the video shows up correctly?)

FB-Florida Scuba Diver

I just returned from Florida last week from MY first ocean diving experience. The best part is that I had the pleasure of sharing it with my son, as well. We both had a blast. I like the inland quarry diving just fine...but there is NO comparison! Congrats to you both.

Thank all of you for your words of encouragement..It was his interest that has re kindle my flame...

we have been diving every week:eyebrow:

I do agree that there is nothing like the ocean, but I will take all of the time I can get with my Kids!!

Hey DMDavid - Great video, I can't wait until my daughter joins me in the ocean!

Only to make it better, My good friend has also got certified and is diving with us as well. And since then An old Navy buddy has descided to get his feet wet again and is diving as we speak in S.C.

Yes its contageous:eyebrow:

Back
Top Bottom