It is down to the instructors not the certification agency.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

blurblock

Reaction score
I don't know about others, but I am PADI certified recently (3 1/2 months ago, actually) in Open Waters. My Instructors are as good as they can be, patient, knowledgeable and the rest.

My fellow student was not certified due to the fact she failed some of her safety requirement during the open water test, for example, the follow the last bubble theory ...... I was been scolded upside down at almost every pool session and their emphasis was on my safety and the need to listen to the Instructors during training. I do not like to be scolded then, but now I appreciated it as during the leisure dives I had with them, I realised where is my problems and they actually helped me to correct them.

I even wanted to go for Advanced Open Water, and the instructors actually tell me to go for at least 10 dives to have my buoyancy stablised before going for AOW. They said if I wanted to do it now, no problem, but don't go to them they will never certify me as my buoyancy is not really up to standard, and they treat Deep Dive as one of their core subject. With that in mind, I had been constanty looking after my buoyancy whenever I dive nowadays.

My Kudo to my instructors. Thus, to summerised it up, it boils down to the dedication of the instructors and not much on the certifying agency. I would never hesistate to go back to the same instructors, even though I know I will be scolded again.

My 2cts .

Firstly,
Welcome to the board and congrats on receiving your certification.
Sounds like you were lucky and hooked up with some good instructors.
Stay wet and dive safe.
Larry.

Welcome!

You got lucky with your instructors.

Wouldn't it be nice if the agencies required every instructor to perform at that level.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom