Peak Performance Buoyancy [PRACTICAL]

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

knowone

Contributor
Reaction score
When you can cruise around plucking scallops in 50 feet and place them into
a sack clipped to your torso with these little darlings reaching up to envelop
you without making dust and I'm talking where you almost cant see the sand

[video=youtube;pflXwCXd6D4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=pflXwCXd6D4[/video]

I mean much more thicker than these

Well you pretty well got it down

Gonna have to get a video for my head

That is absolutely amazing! On such barren substrate, what ARE they living on? Each other?

Amazing video !! Never saw anything like this ..

That is absolutely amazing! On such barren substrate, what ARE they living on? Each other?

This is a regular migration of spider crabs from Tasmania that happens every year. They move around the bay feeding at various sites, including some of the piers where us divers get to watch them. The sandy area in the video can be full of life, on nights dives I have done there you see a lot of octopus coming out of the sand to feed.

Holy crap thats a lot of crab :eek:

Is that a seasonal thing or something?

We see the same thing with lobsters out on the sand at the right times of the season.

The practical side of buoyancy control is the real deal. I like to drop down and pluck golf balls from silty fresh water sites without stiring things up.

Pete

My colleague just suggested it might be the mafia body-dump site TSandM, that would explain what they live off?

Looks like a scene from Starship Troopers.... Nice!

That video needs a stick of butter in it to give us a perspective on their size.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom