PADI membership renewal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

falcon125

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I got my first PADI membership renewal, Is there any benefit for a Denver diver who only dives on vacation?
Other than the aluminum water bottle?
Not that I dont need an aluminum bottle to carry water from my house to my work to my gym to my house/.

Prety much a waste of $$$$.

PADI messed up my renewal so bad the last time I tried to renew that I just gave up on renewing this time. The DAN membership is a better use of my money. They have some pretty good articles in the Alert Diver magazine.

So it's a water bottle now? They were giving away bags when they suckered me in. None of the coupons were usable for me at all. The bags fell apart after a couple months. Luckily they kept sending them . Must have gotten 4 or 5. Finally went to sears and got a craftsman canvas tool bag for 9 bucks that seems like it will last forever. The magazine was little more than ads. Every story had somewhere bs trying to blatantly sell something. Gear reviews useless and not all objective. Spend your money on DAN membership. And on membership with this website. A scubaboard supporting membership is only $39.00 and you will get far more use and value from it.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

I assume you mean the PADI Diving Society? The only PADI members are professionals ... Divemasters and Instructors. Our dues are alot higher than the Diving Society dues! I'm only a Diving Society member because I get it 'free' since I'm a PADI professional. Other than that, I too find it tough to see the value. I was not a member prior to becoming a Divemaster.

Ditto what Divin'Hoosier said - I'm guessing the OP means 'PADI Diving Society Membership'? There's some definite benefits to keeping PADI Membership (Pro Status) active. But the PADI Diving Society.... take it or leave it... I never took it.

As far as subscription memberships go, I rank them in this order or preference and usefulness (and I am a PADI pro): 1. DAN 2. Scubaboard 3. Undercurrent.org 4. A local dive club 5. PADI 6. others
I am not as negative or cynical as some of the other posters. I enjoy both Sport Diver and Scuba Diving and a number of other magazines. No need to jump ugly with any agency or publication. They all contribute something. Choose those you enjoy and from which you receive a benefit.
DivemasterDennis

Thanks for the replies.
I renewed my DAN membership. I really dont need a water bottle as my home, office and gym all have abundant water supplies.:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom