Welcome to ScubaBoard, an online scuba diving forum community where you can join over 205,000 divers diving from around the world. If the topic is related to scuba diving, this is the place to find divers talking about it. To gain full access to ScubaBoard (and make this large box go away) you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Participate in over 500 dive topic forums and browse from over 5,500,000 posts.
  • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
  • Post your own photos or view from well over 100,000 user submitted images.
  • Gain access to our free classifieds marketplace to buy, sell and trade gear, travel and services.
  • Use the calendar to organize your events and enroll in other members' events.
  • Find a dive buddy or communicate directly with scuba equipment manufacturers.

All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

NEW for 2014 Access SBlogbook for members. It allows you to directly upload data from your dive computer, validate your logs digitally, link your dives to photos, videos, dive centers (9,000 on file), fishes (14,000 on file) and much more.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the ScubaBoard Support Team.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: PADI membership renewal

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    25 - 49

PADI membership renewal

I got my first PADI membership renewal, Is there any benefit for a Denver diver who only dives on vacation?
    Other than the aluminum water bottle?
    Not that I dont need an aluminum bottle to carry water from my house to my work to my gym to my house/.

Registered

loves animals.

Dives
    200 - 499
    As far as I could see there was no benefit and I did not renew. The magazine is really advertisements.

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    200 - 499
    Prety much a waste of $$$$.
    There was a young man of Dundoo
    Whose limericks stopped at line two.

Registered

Been dry way too long.

Dives
    50 - 99
    PADI messed up my renewal so bad the last time I tried to renew that I just gave up on renewing this time. The DAN membership is a better use of my money. They have some pretty good articles in the Alert Diver magazine.

ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
    Please visit our Sponsor Page!

SEI/CMAS/SDI/TDI Instructor

Dives
    500 - 999
    Blog Entries
    So it's a water bottle now? They were giving away bags when they suckered me in. None of the coupons were usable for me at all. The bags fell apart after a couple months. Luckily they kept sending them . Must have gotten 4 or 5. Finally went to sears and got a craftsman canvas tool bag for 9 bucks that seems like it will last forever. The magazine was little more than ads. Every story had somewhere bs trying to blatantly sell something. Gear reviews useless and not all objective. Spend your money on DAN membership. And on membership with this website. A scubaboard supporting membership is only $39.00 and you will get far more use and value from it.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk
    SDiverJim likes this.
    Quality SKILLS AND EDUCATION BASED Training via SEI/CMAS/SDI/TDI -UDM AQUATIC SERVICES.

AUTHOR : SCUBA:A Practical Guide for the New Diver 2nd Edition Print here!
    Kindle here

UDM Aquatics Blog Holiday Specials (including Black Friday, Small Business Saturday, and Cyber Monday deals) here

Offering HOG/EDGE Gear, Manta Industries/Highseas Millworks, and Apollo Sports Products

jimlap212@comcast.net for info and orders or call 724-255-3765

There are SCUBA Divers who are safe, skilled, and independent explorers with a sense of adventure. Then there are Underwater Tourists who need constant supervision. UDM Aquatics trains SCUBA Divers. To see how and why we do that click here

Registered

If I'll dive in Indiana,
    I'll dive anywhere!

Dives
    200 - 499
    I assume you mean the PADI Diving Society? The only PADI members are professionals ... Divemasters and Instructors. Our dues are alot higher than the Diving Society dues! I'm only a Diving Society member because I get it 'free' since I'm a PADI professional. Other than that, I too find it tough to see the value. I was not a member prior to becoming a Divemaster.
    Lorenzoid likes this.
    The views expressed above are simply my opinion and do not necessarily bare any resemblance to the truth. As a matter of fact, they are typically a load of bunk and should be summarily disregarded.

Tech Instructor
    Go Red - Support SB!

PADI/SSI/BSAC/ANDI/TecRec
    Tec/Advanced Sidemount,Trimix,
    Technical Wreck Instructor

Dives
    5,000 - ∞
    Photos
    Blog Entries
    Ditto what Divin'Hoosier said - I'm guessing the OP means 'PADI Diving Society Membership'? There's some definite benefits to keeping PADI Membership (Pro Status) active. But the PADI Diving Society.... take it or leave it... I never took it.

Registered

PADI Pro, author, scuba snob

Dives
    500 - 999
    Photos
    Blog Entries
    As far as subscription memberships go, I rank them in this order or preference and usefulness (and I am a PADI pro): 1. DAN 2. Scubaboard 3. Undercurrent.org 4. A local dive club 5. PADI 6. others
    I am not as negative or cynical as some of the other posters. I enjoy both Sport Diver and Scuba Diving and a number of other magazines. No need to jump ugly with any agency or publication. They all contribute something. Choose those you enjoy and from which you receive a benefit.
    DivemasterDennis

Scuba Instructor

has a little status

Dives
    I just don't log dives
    just buy a water bottle
    Steve

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    25 - 49
    Thanks for the replies.
    I renewed my DAN membership. I really dont need a water bottle as my home, office and gym all have abundant water supplies.
    fire_diver likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast