Why wear swimsuit under wetsuit??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Most boys and girls wear swimsuit / bikini under wetsuit when they do scuba diving. However some people wear underwear(underpants, brassiere), bike suit, ..... even go commando under wetsuit: like no underpants and no brassiere.

I don't know why wear swimsuit under wetsuit: I just know wearing swimsuit under wetsuit is recommended and I wore a swimsuit under wetsuit.

Why boys and girls wear swimsuit under wetsuit when they dives? Does swimsuit / bikini just like underpants and brassiere(for girls)? or has another reason?

First of all it is sort of gross, do you scrub your suit between uses? Also what if you have to take your suit off? I don't like wearing trunks because they ride and bunch up, switching to a box cut speedo was the perfect solution.

fisheater's point is the subject of a very funny and true story in our next book. It involves a man who "went commando" and changed from wet suit to swimwear with the strategic use of a towel, that on one very public occasion was blown off by the wind, leaving him totally exposed.
As to the hygiene issue, that is only an issue if you use rental wet suits. If you have your own, you can clean them properly.
I think the question arise for men because most men's swimwear you see these days is rather bulky. Other options (speedo bikini) are not appropriate for most real bodies. I opt for a boxer style suit with a 3 inch inseam, a very light "training suit, that works just fine.
DivemasterDennis

+1 to the speedo trunks / boxer style. One should always wear something under the wetsuit - especially if changing on beaches / parking lots.

Shorts and a rash guard for me.

sent via nookcolor N2A.

+1 on bike shorts/stretchy boxers...... board shorts bunch up too much, and nobody needs to see ANYONE in a Speedo.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom