NAUI OW written test help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stropwen

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello, I finally took my written portion of the NAUI test, the dive master spent 7 hours teaching us about the basics of diving at the end of the class he had us take a multiple choice test (85 questions), the thing is after I turned it into him I had to leave and now I'm worried what if I didn't pass the multiple choice, Is it a pass or fail test? He was going over the answers with everyone right when I left do I have anything to be worried about?:/ I could just call them and find out but there closed tomorrow and the next day. Is there anywhere I can find that 85 question test online.

From what I have seen is if you do poorly on the test, they will go over the material you didn't seem to get again and get you to take the test again. This is with Padi however. I am not certain for NAUI but I assume they are close to the same. I wouldn't worry about it at all. If you pass, awesome. If not, talk to the instructor to go over what you missed to make sure you really understand it and take it again.

Passing is 80%, anything under that you should be taking the test again. No matter if you got an 80, 90 or 70, the instructor will go over the questions you missed, and instead of just telling you what the correct answers are, should go over the concepts being tested and make sure you understand them and aren't just parroting back an answer without real understanding.

I don't think I really missed very much,I understood just about all the material, the only thing I found somewhat difficult was calculating my dive tables(the sit time and re-diving part), the fact that he goes over the answerers with everyone like you guys said (and he did) is reassuring I'm assuming I'll be fine and aloud to take my first dive at ginne springs Florida with out any problems or he would never have let me leave the class when I had asked. :)

Passing percentage is 75%, and if you did miss a few, after review you can take version "B" of the test. I also suggest using NAUI's eLearning as a bit of self-tutor, it can be very helpful. If the NAUI tables are a bit troublesome, you may want to ask him for the NAUI RGBM tables - much easier.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom