What do "you" wear under your wetsuit???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yodelhawk

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Ok...I know I'm setting myself up for a major butt kicking here, and I really feel like a :dork2: for asking, BUT... I need to know what to ware under my wetsuit. I have less than 24 hours before I leave for Bonaire. All my diving up here has been in a pool, where I don't need one or in a drysuit in open water. I just realized that my board shorts give me that nice "I'm wearing a diaper" look, a speedo is out and going comando... well, I'm not 25 anymore. Please help :confused:

Scubapro neoprene freediving shorts, lycra compression shorts or long speedo swimsuits. I think they call them Speedo Jammers or something like that. Target carries Champion compression shorts that work well and are cheap. Be sure to buy the black ones. Haha.

Speedo and others make suits that are "square legged" or even mid-thigh in length. Those work. If you are having a hard time visualizing, think of what a bicycle short looks like. If you are having a hard time finding something, you can check out stores that sell triathlon wear.

Bill

(It's always fun to be busy typing and finally post a response only to discover that someone else beat you to it - with the same info too! Gotta type faster.)

Last edited:
I saw some of those neoprene shorts mentioned above on line at Waterproof's website. They had them listed for a good price. Have fun in Bonaire.

I just wear the same $7 Walmart swim trunks that I wear to the pool and beach. The material is pretty thin and cheap but that has a plus side: they dry out faster.

Oh, and my Red and Black DRIS dive shirt before and after the dive.

a tankini...you'd be a hit in one!

a tankini...you'd be a hit in one!
BabyDuck... I actually googled "tankini" just now! and then blew coffee out of my nose when I saw one. Funny!!! Thanks to all for your help. Guess I had better get my butt to a sporting goods store. 22.5 hours left! ;')

Have fun!

Helpful post I know. :)

If I wear something it is usually Under Armour compression shorts.

+1 on the Speedo Jammers or equivalent! You're gonna LOVE Bonaire!!

JohnnyO
------------
"What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about?"

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom