What is in your save-a-dive kit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

skydiver30960

Registered
Reaction score
Being a firm believer that a truly functional save-a-dive kit is BUILT rather than bought, what is in yours that you consider indispensable?

I know many out there (myself included) take "be prepared" to the extreme and could fill the trunk of their car with everything they'd LIKE to have with them. But for the purposes of this discussion let's think about keeping the kit the size of the plastic box a mask comes in, or a quart-sized ziploc bag.

And... go!

Ike

I have a little of everything;

Superglue
lighter
cave line
bolt snaps
hp and lp plugs
o rings
surgical tubing several sizes
bungee several sizes
Tums( for the acid reflux)
allen wrenchs
cresent wrenchs
screwdrivers
bicycle tube
batteries
mouth piece
Line cookies
Line arrows
clothes pins
zipper wax
zip ties
silicone grease
Sharpie
misc screws, plugs
sex bolts
Band aids
Alcohol pads

This is just whats in my offical save a dive kit. I also carry extra hp and lp hoses of various lengths, extra regs, and an extra can light.

i take whatever i cant get locally or on a boat.

spare mask because i have reading lenses
spare inflator because its an odd size.

I carry a lot of the same things TreyR does less the bungee cords, bicycle tube, etc. I carry lots of non-prescription meds like Sudafed, tri-antibiotic creme, cold sore creme, excedrin PM, Imodium, silicone lube for cameras, multi-tool, eye drops, small wrench, and special ear drops I make using alcohol, hydrogen perox, tea tree oil & grapefruit seed extract. I also use Ricola green tea lozenges for dry throat between dives. I do have some prescription pain pills - Tylenol-Cod - that I also carry. I have to say I have been able to help another diver or two on every trip.

I take with me many of the things mentioned. However, I also take spare batteries for the computers and lights (just in case).

I have the normal assortment of "stuff"....o-rings, tools, straps, duct tape and the such. I also carry some energy bars (carb up to warm up between dives), glucose (in cases where there may be a diabetic on board), Rantidine (aka Zantac, for allergic reactions, its a great H-2 inhibitor...oh yeah its for heartburn too) and also chapstick! Nothing more annoying than chapped lips on the ride home from a dive.

Mouthpiece
Mask Strap
Fin Strap
Boy Scout knife
Zip ties
Duct tape
Pencil
Hemostat--good for picking up stuff, getting into small places where fingers won't do
Nail clippers--to cut the zip tie nice and close
O rings
Silicon grease
Octo holder--comes in handy for many purposes
A good length of thin cord to make lanyards, hold pencils to the slate, etc.
A couple of dollar bills seem to find their way in the box

Oh man do you guys make me feel un-prepared! Today I just bought my first "save-a-dive" kit. It basically consists of a few o-rings.

Most of the basics mentioned and multiple tubes of sunscreen! Most of them seem to disappear from my kit and never return though... :confused:

Back
Top Bottom