Do you dive with a snorkel!??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BLoaf

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello, I am trying to get some input on who uses snorkels and who does not. Is it safe to not dive with a snorkel? Why do people choose to not use them?

ditched the snorkel after advanced class! kept grabbing the snorkel instead of the inflator hose!
some instructors make u use them for training, but i have never used it when diving outside of training. i am a cold water lake diver, and i am still alive so i guess its still safe....

Indeed

I use a snorkel for the times when shore diving requires a long surface swim or it is very choppy and rough.
But for boat diving or diving at our local dive park it is not needed.
Also if it is a calm day say at Laguna Beach, don't need it, (unless the snorkel police are out).

I keep a snorkel on my bc or in my pocket. I have never used a snorkel for diving and I used to be an air hog.

Can't remember the last time I dove with one that wasn't a training dive. To many things to snag on when wreck diving which is what I do the most of. If I was somewhere that might require a surface swim or something I would consider it though.

I finally lost my 6 year old snorkel last week on my first of eight dives. As crazy as it sounds I felt a sense of freedom with it gone. So, good riddance! That being said, I have ordered a folding snorkel to keep in my bcd pocket just in case I need one.
By the way, if anyone finds a clear Scubapro Eclipse somewhere in the vicinity of the Spiegel Grove, it's all yours!

I use a snorkel but I'm in the minority with others that I dive with. I like it when I'm on the surface doing a long swim (if I'm not on my back) to save air or if the surface is rough. Doesn't bother me at all during a dive. I don't even know it's there. Been diving with it since day 1.

I finally lost my 6 year old snorkel last week on my first of eight dives. As crazy as it sounds I felt a sense of freedom with it gone. So, good riddance! That being said, I have ordered a folding snorkel to keep in my bcd pocket just in case I need one.
By the way, if anyone finds a clear Scubapro Eclipse somewhere in the vicinity of the Spiegel Grove, it's all yours!

I'll be down there soon! Where about did you lose it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom