Where was your first OW dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Natasha

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
In a few weeks I'm taking my teens back to the site I did my very first OW dive.
Mine was in Cozumel @ the plane.

I'm sure it will a great dive for them too.

So, where was yours? Have you ever brought anyone back to it, to share your memory?

Maui--adjacent to paradise. Was supposed to be back there in 2 weeks, but things didn't work out. Oh well, it's not going anywhere.

Located in Avon Park Fl.
The only thing I remember was thinking to myself "WHAT HE** AM I DOING HERE, I DIDN"T LOSE ANYTHING IN THIS LAKE"
It took every once of energy I had to stop myself from turning around and getting out of the water.:)
Now I stick my head in holes in the ground for fun.
:D
Fred

Lake Winnepesaukee, Wolfeboro, NH. Off the dock at the back of the shop my instructor owned. Water was 48 degrees; ill fitting rental wetsuits - holes in my gloves. It was still more fun then the pool dives, but I don't ever want to go back THERE again. :p

Barbados was mine....wow blew my mind a whole new world discovered :)
the only downside is that it made the UK look a bit naf underwater, although I've grown to addiction level and have to dive at least once a week or I start trembling :D

Spring quarries outside of Branford, Florida in December during a cold spell. We dived the south quarry, then the north quarry then drove to Orange Grove sink for our 3rd dive of the day.

My ow check out dives were in Lake Denton in Avon Park, FL. The fish were cool there and loved the cheese whiz and frozen peas.

The next weekend my class went on a graduation trip and did 2 days of diving in West Palm Beach, FL. It was perfect. No waves, just flat calm water and I even got to drive the dive boat back to the inlet.

Just like fgray and wendy, i also checked out in Lk Denton.

Loads of groups there, i think if you live within 100 miles its pretty much the only place people seem to go! Viz wasnt so great, but nowhere near as bad as some i have read about! Fish and the resident turtle (called by whoever's nickname) were cool.

Only completed that course a month ago, not sure i would go back there for a while though!!

My check out dives and subsequent dives were at the local spring, Blue Hole in Santa Rosa, NM.

My first "real open water" dive was in St. Marteen. Even with the reef being in less than stellar condition, it was still Outstanding

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom