How many people have had to use their knife/cutting tool while diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i had to cut some monofiliment line once at 200 ft.

apart from that i use it for general stuff like slicing fruit.

Tell me your stories about the situations that u had to use your knife to get ya out of a sticky situation

I had a situation where I needed it and didn't bring it because it was "Just a local dive."

Fortunately, my buddy wasn't so lazy.

Now I always bring at least two, even I'm just going to the pool.

flots.

Wasn't really a sticky situation, just had to cut our way thru old netting and fishing lines w/hooks/lures hung up on a wreck...We knew what we were getting into but needed to do it to get to some old brass port holes and other items.....Makes one appreciate a good sharp cutting tool !!!!

Cut some mono once. Just cleaning up the reef. That's it in 23 years. :idk:

Haven't carried a knife or cutting tool in the past 19 years when diving.

I've used mine a dozen times, but never in the water. Comes in handy for cutting bungie, zipties, and for opening food packages :)

My buddy was leading on the grove at 112' inside the ship and got fouled on monofilament. I got out the knife and cut him free. You never know how narced you are until trying to use a knife and then put it away at depth. Rather uneventful but had we not had cutting tools it might have been bad at that depth.

---------- Post Merged at 05:18 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 05:14 PM ----------

I use my knife more for cutting oranges/fruit than anything else..... Its also good for fishing.

Back
Top Bottom