How many different sites do you generally dive in a year?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TSandM

Missed and loved by many.
Rest in Peace
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
For the purposes of this discussion, any trip out of town counts as one site, if you stay at one destination; in other words, doing a bunch of different dives on Grand Cayman is still one site.

I realized today that this year, because we haven't traveled much and because Peter has been teaching like a madman, has really concentrated our diving on just a few sites. I sat tonight and listened to two friends talk about a trip to Barkley Sound, and I realized I'm really chafing at diving the same training sites over and over and over . . . and I got to wondering how many sites I generally dive in a year.

This year, it's been Cove 2, Redondo and a couple of dives at Edmonds for home dives. I did one charter on Hood Canal, and one charter off Tacoma. We had a long, intense day of hauling our boat four hours away to TRY to dive, which was unsuccessful. I've made two dive trips, one to Florida for a weekend (FF miles!) and one to Baja. Peter made the trip to Baja, but that's his only trip.

So how many local sites have you hit, and how many trips have you done?

In my whole 2 years ! of experience...

So far this year, local quarry, St. Lawrence - 3 sites, Victoria, Varadero in 3 weeks (33 dives to date with Cuba to come)

Two trips this year Truk Odyssea and Glacier National Park. Looking at Charleston SC., Cayman Aggressor and Arches National Park in the next 12 months.

Just Lake George locally, with trips to Playa and Saba/St. Kitts.

Locally (as in UAE) I have dived 6 separate sites and all but 3 of them are one offs.

I have 2 favourite sites that I try to dive as often as possible because of the macro photography subjects (mainly nudibranchs) that are there, one is a wreck (Inchcape 2, 20-22M) and the other is a pure muck dive in the remains of wrecked vehicles that were deliberately dumped to create an artificial reef back in the late 80s (Car Cemetery 15-16M)

Other than that I have had one overseas trip to Puerto Galera in the Philippines and am planning to return there again at teh beginning of November.

Being relatively new to diving I spend all my hollidays traveling to dive sites.
Have been to two different local lakes this year, and to one about 2 hours drive away, one week at Hurghada, Egypt.
Planned for Autumn: Lanzarote (Canary Islands) and Marsa Alam (Egypt) by plane Rovinj (Croatia) and one or two lakes in Austria by car.
And local diving 1-3 times a month :cool2:

I've dove around 20 local sites this year (including charter trips and some Vancouver diving). I've also done a trip to the Dominican Republic (with six sites) and Barkley Sound (with five sites). Some sites I do a great many times, like Ogden Point, but the great part is that you could have a different dive every time at local sites, depending on entry point or direction.

I've been diving for 10 months. Lets see....

Thailand - 3 weeks, gosh how I miss the warm water already
Sydney - Couple of different sites on Fundies
Jervis Bay NSW - 3 day Liveaboard
Vanuatu - Santo doing SS President Coolidge
GBR Port Douglas, Qld - Only 1 day
Melbourne Aus - Maybe a dozen different sites

Booked: Mount Gambier in September. Lakes not caves :)

Perenially cancelled due to weather: Qld, the HMAS Brisbane

That's not bad I guess. (although i'm sure I'm forgetting something)

Hello Lynne this season has been a slow one due to some health issues.
Normally around 10-12 sites that would be about 3-4 local quarries and lakes average.
The rest FL caves.
Pretty sheltered really and from what it has been in the past very sad!

I have been in the training chaff as well but the past few years have been off doing wrecks and caves.
This season although has been the slowest on record working on getting my discs fixed in my neck.
I have taken it easy so to speak a lot of work commitments have not helped either.
Hope everyone has a great season and dive safe!

CamG Keep Diving....Keep Training....Keep Learning!

Back
Top Bottom