Who's the Oldest Diver on the Board?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SterlingDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
*Who is the oldest diver on the board?

*Are you still actively diving?

*How many years experiance do you have?

*Have you been able to share this wonderful gift with your family?

It would be interesting to know if there is any family besides the Cousteu's who have three or more generations diving.

SterlingDiver

I know I'm not the oldest diver (at age 56) on SB. I started diving SCUBA in the winter of 1961-62 although most of my early experience in the 60's was hard hat in fresh water. I've been diving salt water off and on since 1968 and did about 325 dives last year.

Dr. Bill

I am not the oldest, 50.. been diving 20years still do. My wife do do to much diving now.. warm water when she can get to it. I still enjoy getting wet.

I'm just a pup at 41 and just got certified earlier this year and I can't get enough of it. I did some diving in The Marine corps 20 years ago but the Family and financial thing put a damper on that after my hitch was up

55 and diving since 72, I try to get out once a week, weather permitting

I'm 58. My wife and I have been certified for over 13 years and logged over 1,500 dives. We dive locally (So Cal) and take a couple of dive vacations a year. Four of our six adult children have C cards as does my sister, brother-in-law, and two nephews.

Who can remember?
Lessee here, let me get me trusty calculator...
pip.. pip.. pip.. pip..
pip..
pip.. pip.. pip.. pip..
pip..

Ah, yes, 55 for another week.
Heading for the lake the day after Christmas.
Started in the 60's, certified in '71, YMCA.
Rick

But, I've been diving since 1971, original cert through NAUI in '78. Did I mention that I'm a boyishly good looking 51? wink My daughter and son in law are in the process of getting their OW cert through the YMCA. :palmtree: Bob

I'm 59-1/2 yo and got certified at 58 yo. Never to old to learn something new. Great sport, wish I could have started earlier.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom