• Neurtal

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Somewhat Disagree

Votes: 5 8.1%
  • Disagree

Votes: 26 41.9%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chrpai

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
In dive sites that are not protected areas but are otherwise special to you, do you feel that the dive community should create and enforce unofficial restrictions that exceed local jurisdictional regulations?

If it is an issue the diving community should engage the appropriate legal entity. If need be, work to make it a sanctuary. We have no right to "enforce unofficial restrictions", even if the offending action really pisses us off and does damage to the ecosystem.

The rule of law must apply. We all have access to our lawmakers. No politician can ignore public opinion.

keep in mind, for this to have any statistical significance whatsoever--for it to mean anything, it will need several hundred people to do the poll.

And if our "buddies" in the shoot anything camp get their buddies on spearboard to jump in, then the poll will be completely meaningless. NetDoc would need to do a run to make sure all polled divers have been SB posters for some time prior to this discussion.

I think you might be painting those guys with too broad of a brush:

It's always surprised me that they allow the take of GPO. I will hunt most anything, but leave octos in the "too cool to kill" class like wolf eels.
Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum - View Single Post - Diving for octopus?

Sure, others say they hunt them... and admire them.... with reasons that it's moral to do so and notes to not harm an animal that has eggs.

This type of poll will never have statistical significance, regardless of what n =?. That is a common misconception. P value is what determines statistical significance.

Guys, it's just an internet poll. I think this is understood. Dan- good job trying to spin doubt into the results before they are known.

This type of poll will never have statistical significance, regardless of what n =?. That is a common misconception. P value is what determines statistical significance.
Nice....you are purposely not dealing with the issue.....the issue is, when the sample size is too small, the results are not "projectable". As of this moment, the sample size is below laughable in meaning anything.

IMO no SB polls are "projectable" in meaning or result. It's just an inquiry by the OP to sample opinions. This isn't a petition to law-makers.

Nice....you are purposely not dealing with the issue.....the issue is, when the sample size is too small, the results are not "projectable". As of this moment, the sample size is below laughable in meaning anything.

There is no 'issue' because....

IMO no SB polls are "projectable" in meaning or result. It's just an inquiry by the OP to sample opinions. This isn't a petition to law-makers.

it's just a poll. I kept it really simple because I'm only curious about what people's general feelings on the subject are. Are we in favor? Are we opposed? Are we neutral? Are we deeply polarized? Do we simply not care and just skip voting.

That's it, that's all... not trying to make a point or argue one way or the other. I'm just curious. That's all.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom