Flying question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lotty

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi guys,
I will be arriving in Florida this tuesday at 5pm. Is it OK to dive a two-tank dive the next day at 1.30pm? Or better not?

No restrictions on diving after flying, only flying after diving need to wait 24 hours.

Actually, for recreational diving, DAN recommends anywhere from 12 to 18 hours depending on how much diving you have been doing. Of course more time doesn't hurt.

I'm curious where planning to go for a 2 tank next week?

See this thread from a couple weeks ago for this same topic http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/ba...ane-water-am-i-giving-myself-enough-time.html . My personal best is around 2 hours from plane to water.

Out of curiosity, what makes you believe you have to wait between flying and diving?

Haha, good question! Because I mixed up the 24 hours rule :)
The 'wait for 24 hours, then fly'-policy was locked in my brain. The other way around wasn't.
I've never been diving a day after flying, so never came across it.
Thank you all for answering!

If you go from low elevation to higher altitudes (ie. above 300 metres/1000ft) it's strongly recommended to wait 6 hours before diving...is this what you're thinking about?

If you go from low elevation to higher altitudes (ie. above 300 metres/1000ft) it's strongly recommended to wait 6 hours before diving...is this what you're thinking about?

There will be at least 14 hours in between, so I'm good :) It's a trip of allmost 20 hours to get over there, so pretty exhausting, but after a good night of sleep diving should be awsome!

Back
Top Bottom