Guiness World record

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cobaltbabe

Diva of the Deep
Reaction score
Sorry if this subject has been visited before, but last night I watched a diving record being set on Guiness. The gentleman, not sure of his name, was in a tank on a bill board for 14 hours. The thing is that the water temp during the day reached 90 degrees so they dumped piles of ice into the tank. When I was this, the first thing I thought was, he's going to go hypothermic because they didn't really monitor how much they were putting in. Sure enough that's what happened. Yes he was wearing a dry suit and during an interview after wards he explained that one of the valves had malfunctioned and there was a slow leak that caused him to get cold and eventually call the whole thing off. Did anyone else see this? Through the entire thing, I was wondering if this is the kind of thing SeaJay is going to do attempt.

when I first started watching (saw it last fall some time). Couldn't believe it when they started dumping all the ice in. Even without any experience in this kind of situation I though this was not the way I would have done it (though he was starting to overheat). It looked as if the support team (and the diver) did not have a good plan to start, they did not seem to have thought about this kind of scenario before they started.

Ian

We currently have the record for the longest submergence on scuba, performed at Laurel Marina near Bristol, Tennessee, on August 6-9, 2002. (Check out The GWR book on page 34) My dive bud, Jerry Hall was the diver. I was the diving supervisor.
Norm

Norm:
We currently have the record for the longest submergence on scuba, performed at Laurel Marina near Bristol, Tennessee, on August 6-9, 2002. (Check out The GWR book on page 34) My dive bud, Jerry Hall was the diver. I was the diving supervisor.
Norm

Tell us more....

Ron

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom