Scuba Sextant

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Venskj

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'm sure this has been asked before, but the topic doesn't readily pop up when I search the forums. Does anyone know where I can still buy a scuba sextant? I'm not sure I'd use them a lot, but they were kind of fun during the underwater navigation class and I'd like to add one to my assortment of tools. Thanks.

I had never heard of nor seen one before so I went to google and found a ton of information. I would ask the question of why? My compass does all I need. Seems to be more popular in Europe.

Is there any value to these beyond attempting to record a path with multiple way-points? It doesn’t look useful for actually swimming an accurate compass course. For that you need something like this (plus a LOT of practice to swim straight at a constant speed):

http://www.rjeint.com/pdf/TAC-100_TAC200-RevH.pdf

guys, he wants one, not your opinions of the item.

OP, try "the great auction site"..... there is one there right now. May be other sources too on some of the retail sites under "specialty compass".

The thing I like about them is that I can swim multiple courses for variable distances and then calculate a direct route home.

Is it absolutely necessary? Nope. It's kind of fun though.

BTW, what is considered "the great auction site?" I checked eBay and nothing is there that I can find.

Technology nerds would think that this concept could be updated with solid-state gyroscopes for inertial navigation.

yep, you have the correct site. Oops, looking again, I didn't realize it was sold..... sorry.

there is another product: "Bearing Buddy" that is at a few of the big retailers.

Sextents?

We have tents for that ?

Must be DIR. Wow, the stuff I dint know. :hm:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom