PADI Instructor Manual in Polish

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Juls64

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
No, this is not a joke!

Is anyone aware of a Polish translation version of the PADI Instructor's manual? We have contacted PADI, and they have not put one out? Anyone aware of one that has been translated for private use or other?

Any help would be appreciated!

Juls

Juls64:
No, this is not a joke!

Is anyone aware of a Polish translation version of the PADI Instructor's manual? We have contacted PADI, and they have not put one out? Anyone aware of one that has been translated for private use or other?

Any help would be appreciated!

Juls

Juls, if you are an Instructor and not already registered to participate in our Instructor to Instructor forum, I suggest you do both.

That way you'll be asking the question where you can best get an answer.

Bonne chance,

We had one but threw it in the sea in frustration......
do you speak Polish? If so I will explain why in Polish!

but a Divemaster at our LDS does and we are trying to locate the instructor manual for his use.

......tell your DM at your LDS

"Po '20 latach' tłumaczenia instrukcji na język polski zdalismy sobie sprawe z tego, iż oryginalne zamówienie dotyczyło jezyka polinezyjskiego…"

It's a long story, but when I was President of an Anglo German Dive Club in Pfungstadt 5 years ago, we received a request to translate the PADI manual into Polish. The request came to the club via a native German member called Jorg!

The request was in pigeon English and originated from someone who was quote "living in Polen." He wanted to bring it with us for our trip to the Maldives. (The word Polen translates to Poland in German).

After many long hours of study by our German, Polish speaker Jorg, assisted by me with the technical detail explanations, Jorg the perfectionist completed his translation masterpiece and carefully packed it along with his dive gear ready for Gang, (the requestor of the manual) to use aboard the Maldivian dive vessel Hammerhead II.

You can imagine my surprise when Gang arrived onboard. He didn't look Polish at all, infact he looked more Philipino I suppose. He spoke in abbreviated English when he introduced himself.

When Jorg discovered that Gang was from Hong Kong origionally and had requested a manual for use in Polenesia (Polen.), the air went blue. I learned quite a lot of new German swear words that day as Jorg threw the treasured manual in the general direction of Ari Atol!

I couldn't explain to poor Gang for several hours as I was short of breath from laughing so much and beating my fists on the deck of the boat. When I eventually did, Gang simply said "So? No manuar then!" This set me off into hysterics again.

Jorg avoided him like the plague for the rest of the trip, but as it's hard to hide on a 20 meter long, 8 cabin boat. They eventually met up and it was Gangs turn to laugh.

I still feel sorry for poor Jorg, and his dedication to perfectionism, but the bad side of my nature always comes out in me and I ask him, "You bruddy German, you got Polen. manuar leady for me yet?"

This usually results in me trying to escape the Tuetonic wrath of my friend by fleeing (with Jorg in hot pursuit threatening to murder me), and ends in one or both of us being flung into the sea).

I wonder if I dare ask Jorg if he made a copy? It's a great sport Diving!

Aquamore

:)

Back
Top Bottom