Twin Lakes near Houston

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

UnixMarine

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Has anyone been there recently? How was it?

Is it? I haven't been yet, trying to find out if it's worth going on my way back up to Sanger tomorrow.

Been there 10 years ago. There were a lot of divers and the water was a typical hot mud bath.

It is near Lake 288 (like 5min away) which is more fun since there is more fish and plant life, people who are around you are sportsmen. At twin lake I always hated how it looks around the lake itself, major power lines hanging above, frequently passing freight trains, a big trailer park. Makes me feel like some white trash (not that there is anything wrong with it).

I am not dissing the place, just saying it is not for me.

PS: All these places are freaking ponds, not lakes. Visibility is the same - bad. Maybe I should drive to Huntsville for a weekend...

I've done Blue Lagoon also. Not my thing. It's Texas bath tub temps with clear blue water and a silty bottom with little to see. And the pH of the water isn't very nice to your gear.

Yeah, it is TX. Sucks for diving.

I don't think that pH level in that puddle any more corrosive than sea water.

Back
Top Bottom