Non-diving activities

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

glidingray

Reaction score
How about sharing some memorable non-diving activities here, might be useful for next dive trip.

Mine was on an U/W clean up trip. Since there were about 60 participants, the committee allowed no night diving. Instead, they arranged games. I joined fin run… sprint run wearing your biggest-heaviest pair of fins, no cute snorkeling fins please. Won the second place…meaning I did not win anything.

Next was dancing on newspaper. Every couple should dance on an open newspaper on the beach. The couple could be of different sex, or same sex, any size. Every time the music was stopped, the paper was folded in two, so the dance floor became smaller and smaller, one of the couple had to sweep the other off the feet. That night, the winner was a German couple. The newspaper was folded … I don't know how many times… but it was about the size of a foot thumb. The guy had to stand on one thumb and the gal sat on his shoulder. Quite an acrobat.

Your turn.

Ray

Here in Southern California we like to assemble at the beach with a VCR, projector, screen, wood to burn and food to bar-b-que. We sprawl out on blankets and comfortably lounge in beach chairs while watching dive related movies. It's a lot of fun! Sometimes we dive prior to the cookout, we dive for seafood which is cooked on the spot... people also bring Pot Luck food, just in case we come up short on the catch... and No! nothing is wasted.

Mario :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom