Where are the live UW webcams?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shipwreckscanada

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
We had shark week on TV last week and they said that people can see live UW webcams on their computers. I tried to find a good one but can't. Does anyone know we're I can find one of these sites.

None in open water that I know of but I would guess that there are some at the larger aquariums.

Actually, I did find some in aquariums, but if I understood the documentary well, it would seem that there are some in open water. I did find some recordings of these webcams, but nothing live.

There used to be one from Bonaire. Then about 2 years ago or so it quit working and I haven't seen it on since.

Did you ask this somewhere else recently - here or another forum? I recently answered this question there afaik. But here's a few:

Monterey Aquarium has one in the big tank there. It's live. Kelp Forest Web Cam at the Monterey Bay Aquarium
There's one near Ocean Frontiers off Grand Cayman's East End. Webcam
There's 3-4 here. Two in the BVI's, one off Bahia Honda Bridge in Florida and in the Dry Tortugas National Monument. Teens4Oceans

http://media1.vcoe.org/covecam2 - is currently down but was working a few days ago. It's in the Kelp forest somewhere in the Channel Islands off SoCal. It's a live link so when you click on it it will launch Windows Media Player and connect to the site.

The Bonaire u/w cam is no more. Maintenance costs were too high IIRC.

Last edited:
Used to be one at Bahia Honda not dure of website though am away from home and computer. Probably google it

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

OP I don't think you should believe in alot of the stuff they say one shark week anymore. Especially if the comment came from a fake documentary about how megalodon is still alive.

i to was interested by that comment though knew of its unlikeness. ive spent a hour or or so spamming Google with key words and inurl: with no real success.

OP I don't think you should believe in alot of the stuff they say one shark week anymore. Especially if the comment came from a fake documentary about how megalodon is still alive.

i to was interested by that comment though knew of its unlikeness. ive spent a hour or or so spamming Google with key words and inurl: with no real success.

Megalodon, now that one was funny. It’s too bad that an organization like the Discovery Channel would lower their slandered like this. It makes you wonder about other documentaries they produce.

The previously mentioned teens4oceans ones are pretty nice when they work - The Grand Cayman one is supposed to attempt to stream live coral spawning at the end of the month.

This one is somewhere off Curacao http://www.breathebonaire.com/index.php?CURRENT_CAM=curacaocam1&SET_CAM=curacaocam1 Not full video but updates up to 1 per second isn't bad

Here's one in BC, Canada Race Rocks Underwater Webcam on USTREAM: This underwater Web-camera was installed in Sep. 2011 by "The Big Blue Technologies Inc." company (www.thebigblue.... can usually hear sea lions, sometimes they show up on camera

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom