Another CO tank tester choice - cheaper than the rest...!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DandyDon

Colonoscopy Advocate
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
One kilometer high on the Texas Central Plains
# of dives
500 - 999
This started a year ago when Scubanuti found a new portable CO detector that seemed to offer a lot of promise, little in expenses, and with his DIY adaptation - then fit his tanks. See thread for details on how it happened. http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/co...tively-inexpensive-co-detector-setup.html#top

And now the company has bundled a scuba tank adapter kit of their own with their basic model, no DIY work required, ready to go for $152: Inspector - Carbon Monoxide Tester, CO Meter, & Scuba Analyzer Kit - Sensorcon How sweet is that?! As mentioned on the other thread: "sensitive enough, waterproof and tough enough for divers and boats" - with annual calibration service at $39, eventual replacement and calibration of sensor $89 at factory.

An entertaining and informative video on the detector...

Additional videos at Sensorcon Inspector Videos

I notice they didn't compare it to the Analox ? Any ideas why Don...? But damm its cheap...

I notice they didn't compare it to the Analox ? Any ideas why Don...? But damm its cheap...
I dunno? It seems that the scuba adaptation was a result of Scubanuti's suggestions. No need to compare it to other models, since we will. They may do some marketing - who knows? The portable CO Analyzer from Analox is still more compact and easier to use on tanks, while their unit is certainly more affordable as well as useful in other ways. It's nice to have more choices. :wink:

Don, I had convinced myself to purchase the Analox, but this is a whole lot less expensive. Do you think there is a significant difference between them?

Don, I had convinced myself to purchase the Analox, but this is a whole lot less expensive. Do you think there is a significant difference between them?
You can read as much as I know in these two short threads - not much, but it looks like a usuable tester to me, if you don't mind messing with the kit. I really like the compact Analox unit that one just holds to the valve, but for a diver only doing a few dozen a year, the cost difference is substantial of course.

I'm really glad this company picked up on our needs and packages the kit.

This wasn't that long ago - http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/co...ding-systems/458853-why-i-own-co-monitor.html

Someone mentioned a group buy in that thread. What is the possibility of getting this one on a group buy? I agree this is already a great price, but who doesn't want to save a couple more dollars, and it may be the incentive for some people to get one who wouldn't have otherwise.

I received mine the other day. Very easy to use. Due to some sensor noise Im getting 1-2PPM around the house. Analyzed a couple of tanks and played around the house measuring some potential sources. The oxycheq hose and fitting I had that plugs into a BC line fits perfectly in the sensor. Works well for $120.

From the looks of it, this analyzes just CO (carbon monoxide). Is this correct? So wouldn't be sufficient for Nitrox in measuring O2?

Any analyzer's out there that test for both?

I built my own O2 analyzer and it seems to work pretty good. The CO analyzer only analyzes CO, that is correct.

You need to buy it separate. They would need two sensors and two circuits anyways. Most you could save is maybe the display and a little housing plastic.

You can buy a cheap DIY kit from oxycheq. El cheapo ii

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom