Bootie Zipper won't stay in place

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiveLvr

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
MY experienced booties have delveloped a tendancy to become un zipped during the dive. Does anyone have an clever ideas that I can use to keep the zipper in place?

Thanks

Velcro strap just under the zipper. Some boots come with these already, but you can make your own by getting a strap from a hardware store and cutting down to size.

If wearing a wetsuit, roll the legs up a bit, put on booties and zip them up, roll wetsuit legs back down over the outside of the bootie tops.

Sometimes my left one unzips (my left leg is fatter for some reason). Usually zipping it up as far as possible and having the wetsuit pantleg over it does prevent this.

happened in Palau where supplies were limited, elastic band did the trick short term.

p.s. D636, where's your ingenuity :wink:

happened in Palau where supplies were limited, elastic band did the trick short term.

p.s. D636, where's your ingenuity :wink:

Zip the bootie up, then get the staple gun out. That should keep it zipped up!

While on this subject, a neat little trick I learned was to make plastic loops out of zip ties and thread them through the eye of the zipper grasp thingy. Then you pull the zipper up by pulling on the loop instead of that little zipper thingy. Make sure you don't use the little zip ties (4") but rather the heavier duty ones (6" - 7") as the smaller ones break easily.

You should always put the wetsuit legs over the boots, otherwise you get cankles.:D

Back
Top Bottom