Anyone ever dove drunk... ?!?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Texasguy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I am sure it is a huge no-no.

However, driving drunk is a huge no-no too. But people are caught doing it every day.

Statistically, I figure, there should be some divers here who did venture out buzzed... :cool2:

I've never done it but I've always been curious if the effects would be pronounced under pressure or not...

R..

The ones who have won't admit it here...

I've never done it but I've always been curious if the effects would be pronounced under pressure or not...

R..
Sounds like someone needs a drunken chamber ride to see the effects.

I don't see how being drunk or buzzed while being on a rocking boat would be fun at all LOL
...says my buddy who dove hung over the next morning on a boat. He was green the whole ride out until he got into the water and was fine again.
We had a good laugh over that.

When cave diving, we stay FAR away from getting drunk or hangovers the next day, etc. It just doesn't mix.

We don't touch the booze until we're done diving for the day, and personally I only have one or two to enjoy myself with but stop at that. I don't want anything to ruin my dive for the following day.

Seen it done. (At least I didn't start with 'Once I knew a buddy who....')

As corvettejoe says, you see them very quickly emptying their stomachs overboard or, for the unfortunate, through their reg.

Not fun.

Jon

PS Apeks regs have a good reputation for vomit passing........

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom