Log book

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a paper log book. I carry only the last 20 or so dives with me plus a listing of all the different wet suit/tank/saltorfresh combinations with me. There are over 20 of those. Wet suits alone are 10/14, 7, 5 semidry, 5, 4/3, 3, 3 shorty, swim trunks.

I also have an xcel spread sheet with date, location, temp, depth, dive duration, operator, viz. I find this handy in checking back to see what the conditions were in years past. For fun it tracks some other things like total hours under wanter.

Yes, I keep a log book, and like Steve_C, I only carry about the last twenty dives with me. I keep my dives on my laptop, too, so I can easily go back and see when and where I've been, water temp, wetsuit, weight, etc.

Yes. Paper and downloaded profiles (to a palm pilot) from our dive computers.
not online since the majority of our dives are done where there is no viable Internet.

I keep one, nice to flip through it in later years and see what you were thinking and doing back in the day. new divers should keep one for certification and as you get experience, it is nice to track gear configurations (buoyancy trim in particular for different tanks, exposure suits etc.) I like to keep notes on dive sites so I can go back in the future and have an idea about potential points of interest or concerns.

Have kept paper log book since dive #1. I xerox each page and put them in the lead firebox in case the book is lost or the house burns down.

I also keep a paper log book and keep records of every little aspect of my dive's and its just for me so I can look back and either look a site up or just think what a great dive that was!
And I use a small app on my phone to log quick parts of a pre and post-dive then I will spend time getting it right on paper.

I've been using DiveLog on my iPhone for a while. I'll also be downloading dives from the Predator controller on my RB to keep track of hours, at least until I finish MOD 2 and cave crossover classes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom