Considering OTS Full Face Mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The wife and I both like this. Anyone have any hands on experiences they care to share?The Guardian Full-Face Mask | Ocean Technology Systems

[video=youtube;8FE9IGQKnGM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FE9IGQKnGM[/video]

I have this mask as one of my personal masks, I use it rarely as a recreational buddy dive mask as air shares are much more cumbersome. ( my second is bungied under my chin) I use this mask for contaminated water work as well as solo work and recreational dives.

I really like this mask it seals well ( double seal) easy to clear (after practice) is fairly low volume and is overall very comfortable. The mask skirt is well thought out as the buckles are made to pull out rather than tear the skirt if the mask is tightened down incorrectly. The hose routing is the same as a traditional (over or under the right arm) and the regulator hose fittings are not propitiatory like you will find with AGA. I would buy this same mask again with out any second thoughts, you do want to spend the extra for the surface air vent. I however would not buy it solely because i wanted to wear it for recreational dives, unless I wanted to spend the extra for a set of comms. I use an aga for public safety dives and prefer my guardian as it feels more comfortable.

If you have any questions on the mask or our communciations, please feel free to message me or shoot me an email. I'm here to help :D

V/R,

Andy Nelson
Sales & Training Representative
Underseas Systems International dba
Ocean Technology Systems
Phone: (714) 754-7848 Ext. 106
Mobile: (949) 705-7739
Ocean Technology Systems

If you have any questions on the mask or our communciations, please feel free to message me or shoot me an email. I'm here to help :D

V/R,

Andy Nelson
Sales & Training Representative
Underseas Systems International dba
Ocean Technology Systems
Phone: (714) 754-7848 Ext. 106
Mobile: (949) 705-7739
Ocean Technology Systems

Well that's some great service and thanks.

I dive a Guardian and thoroughly enjoy it. I use it primarily for colder water diving where I have had issues with fogging with other masks.

The visibility is incredible and the mask is very comfortable. The only problem is that air sharing is impractical. I keep my spare regulator under my chin on a necklace and have a spare traditional mask in my drysuit pocket.

Well that's some great service and thanks.

I know we haven't had much of a presence on Scubaboard in the past, but I'm trying to change that as much as I can. I've been scrounging through posts and searching for questions that need to be answered that haven't been our gear. So, you may see OTS with a stronger presence on here from now on to help out :D

Tplyons - So glad to hear the mask is working out well for you. I've been reading plenty of threads on Scubaboard, and being a newer member am very pleased to see all the positive reviews. Keeping a warm face can help so much in keeping warm overall when diving in cold water. -- Personally, I do the same as far as a secondary air source. Got my octo, and keep a spare mask in my BC.

another thumbs up for guardian masks. This is the mask I personally use and I have been conduction most of my Full Face mask classes using the Guardian. Great mask that in my opinion fixes alot of whats wrong with the AGA mask or Ocean reef mask.

another thumbs up for guardian masks. This is the mask I personally use and I have been conduction most of my Full Face mask classes using the Guardian. Great mask that in my opinion fixes alot of whats wrong with the AGA mask or Ocean reef mask.

So good to hear. Where are you conducting your classes? If anyone has any photos they'd like to share, I'd be very happy to have them. We post photos on our facebook pages and would be happy to give a shout out to who and where people are diving them!

Back
Top Bottom