What kind of dive slate do you use?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

grey2112

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Most of the wrist ones get so-so ratings - looking for something that will last a few seasons, not be crappy or fall apart.

+1 wetnotes. Stays in a pocket out of the way until you need them.

using one of the plastic ones that clips onto my bc - i think it's a 2 page model? not expensive though. cleans easy enough with magic eraser.

Usually wet notes but I just got some XS Scuba wrist slates in that look better than ones I used to have and destroyed. They are held together with good bungee instead of cheap o rings that rot. Come with bungees for the wrist and a Velcro strap you can use if that's more your thing.

Multi-page wrist/forearm slate.......I cut the tab off ( just gets in the way ) and replace the factory rubber w/black or white ( the white is stiffer ) bungee cords....The top page is a convenient place to attach a bungee wrist gauge mount......More compact set-up........

Depends on how much you write. I mounted an SK7 compass on a small slate I made a little wider and about 3 times a long as the compass, on which I also mounted a retractor. I don't make a lot of notes or "talk" to others so I don't need a lot of room.

It was a killed two birds with one stone moment.

Bob
------------------
I may be old, but I'm not dead yet.

Last edited:
Usually wet notes but I just got some XS Scuba wrist slates in that look better than ones I used to have and destroyed. They are held together with good bungee instead of cheap o rings that rot. Come with bungees for the wrist and a Velcro strap you can use if that's more your thing.

I'm with Jim on this. I use wet notes for my tech dives and they come in handy. But most of the time I use a standard wrist slate. I took out the velcro strap and replaced it with some small bungee.

Another tip on slates: I found that sandpaper works best to clean them. I use soap and a hard sponge when I can but when it gets too dirty, sandpaper works like a wet dream!

Vim and magic erasers for cleaning. Wetnotes for things i cant signal, but i cant remember the last time i needed them.

+1 for mulit-page wrist slate for recreational diving. I have no pockets for wetnotes and I like to have it out of the way on my wrist. It has more than enough room for a conversation, if the need arises.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom