Online courses, videos, other educational material that doesn't involve much reading?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kr2y5

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Like many people, I try to workout regularly, and like to spend my time in a productive way, but it's hard to sustain reading small font while bouncing for 50 minutes on a treadmill. I'm looking for pointers to good online courses (like, e.g., those in Coursera and similar sites), longer YouTube videos, presentations, etc., on any Scuba-related topics, especially stuff that goes at least a little bit beyond the very basics...

Let me seed the thread with an example... I recently run across videos from the Rebreather Forum 3.0 on YouTube, and found some of them worthwhile watching (such as this excellent introduction to rebreather physiology: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GW1yVFF_FK4 ). There must be many other good ones out there, yet to be discovered. Have you run across anything interesting that you can share here on this thread?

I don't have any suggestions, but will be following the thread with interest. I often listen to podcasts on the treadmill. A friend of mine uses a text reader to "read" on hers without looking at small print. Book recordings are great, too, but that adds up unless I get them from the library and I'm usually too busy to bother with that.

I wonder if there are some worthwhile diving podcasts, if you're willing to go with audio-only media...

DAN has some free video seminars in their site under the education tab

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SSI lets you go through their online course for free, you just need a log in. I went through it completely before taking the PADI course through a local shop. It certainly made the course either.

SSI Scuba Schools International
I take it that you can only do that for the OW course. Too bad, I'd love to read some of the more advanced courses online.

Pod Diver Radio 144: UNDERWATER COMMUNICATIONS:
THE NEW POD DIVER PODCAST: "Discussion Underwater communications at the New England Aquarium." Download for free at: http://traffic.libsyn.com/poddiver/PDR144.mp3 In this podcast, I interviewed John Hanzel, the DSO (Dive Safety Officer) about the underwater communications system at the New England Aquarium (NEAQ) Mr. Hanzel is not only a DSO he is also an experienced Broadcast Engineer and he brings these skills sets in setting up the comm system the Aquarium’s “Giant Ocean Tank”.

#poddiver #NEAQ #podcast #OutofHellsKitchen #aquaman

Back
Top Bottom