Keeping Transderm-SCOP patches on.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

claymore

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have a propensity for sea sickness and have the Transderm-SCOP patches but they have a habit of falling off when diving and are a little expensive to replace daily instead of every 3 days
Is there a water proof bandage/patch that can be put over the patch to keep them from falling off when diving?
i can't be the first person to have this problem.

Thanks for any information.

Another option is to switch to the pill. Scopace pills are no longer available, but you can get a prescription and take it to a compounding pharmacy that can make up the pills for you. It costs more than the old Scopace pills, but I believe three pills are is still substantially cheaper than the patch. The pills are effective for 8 hours.

Great post! I use these from time to time and the 3 day patch would become a daily for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a propensity for sea sickness and have the Transderm-SCOP patches but they have a habit of falling off when diving and are a little expensive to replace daily instead of every 3 days
Is there a water proof bandage/patch that can be put over the patch to keep them from falling off when diving?
i can't be the first person to have this problem.

Thanks for any information.

I use these every time I dive and have never had a problem with them coming off. I just make sure the skin behind my ear is clean and dry prior to adhering.

I have wondered just how effective these can be for three days of diving? I always put them on the night before my first dive to ensure the medication has time to enter my system and be effective. They usually work well on those days. I wonder, after diving at 90ft two for three dives in a day, does the medication get washed out of the patch? I always assumed that the second day was OK because the medication is still in my bloodstream, but after another day of two 65 - 85 ft dives for 45 min+, are they really good for another day?

I usually change out the patch if I am going to dive a third day, but it would be great if I didn't have to.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom